District Horticulture office, Nuh
Horticulture Department deals with the production and maintence of fruits, vegetables flowers , spices mushroom, medicinal and aromatic plants. The cultivation of Horticulture corps highly specialized , technical and remunerative venture as compared to traditional crops beigrown by the farmers. Apart from this , majority of Horticulture crops, being perishable in nature requires systematic planning for their development . Horticulture development has assume greater importance in recent year since this sector has been identified as remunerative for diversification of land use which provides increased employment opportunities, better return per unit area besides filling the nutritional gaps. Farmers in Haryana have also started taking up Horticulture crops as a separate viable economic activity. With a view to give a boost to the growth of horticulture in the State, Haryana Government created a separate Department of Horticulture in 1990-91 , Which was previously a part of Agriculture Department , Haryana . The directorate of the Department is located Udyan Bhawan ,Sector -21, Panchkula and Mewat Distt. Horticulture Office is located in New Anaj Mandi Nuh Mewat. DHO Mewat has 3 HDO offices (Nuh, F.P Jhirka and Punhana) and one Government Garden Nurseries at Pinangwan. These offices provide all the extension services in the field of Horticulture further, the quality ,Planting material is available in this nursery.
Vision and ObjectiveKeeping in view the emerging challenges in the field of Horticulture and to provide security to the masses the department with a vision “ to make Haryana Modern Fruit and Vegetable Cultivation State with a vision to lead in domestic and export market” has earmarked the following.
- Diversification from Agriculture to Horticulture.
- Doubling of Horticulture production in 11th.
- Optimal use of basic natural resources.
- Establishment of convergence and synergy among stakeholders.
- Improvement in productivity, yield and quality of Horticulture produce.
- Increase in economic status and thereby increase in income per unit.
- Dissemination of latest technology at farmers field.
- Nutritional security to people.
- Creation of export potential and earning foreign exchange.
Mewat Strengths ,Opportunities and Initiatives
- Favorable climate for production of quality fruits and vegetable
- Exclusive good soils for fruits and vegetables with a high production potential.
- Proximity to major markets like National Capital Delhi and Cyber City Gurgaon.